Mobylette N40T

N'hésitez pas à nous présenter vos Motobécane ou Motoconfort, cyclos, motos....
Répondre
marbroman
Adhérent(e) MCF

Mobylette N40T

Message par marbroman »

Hi,

I am a new member. I live in Canada and I own a 1971 Mobylette model N40T. It is in good shape and running, but I want to restore it to better condition.

Here are a few items I need to buy and I am hoping your club can lead me to sources of real parts, new or used, not aftermarket replica parts.

I need a NOVI magneto flywheel nut (with NOVI embossed on it). Heft hand thread 11 mm x100. part number 17429

I need a new gas cap with Mobylette logo in White plastic with long dipper, and BP Zoom embossed (original is cracked). part number 19046

i need a new Reyel saddle with Motobecane logo embossed part number 18958

I need the timing tool that fits into the spark plug hole for setting ignition timing. Part number 100013.

I need all cables (inside and outer casing) for front an back brakes, throttle, choke, decompression valve.

I need a complete speedometer (Huret 90 kms) part number 20695 new or used or at least a decal to repair faded markings.

I need three spring plates with Ferodo (part number 15350) or the complete drum with hub and springs (part number 17251).

Also, can some explain to me a strange fact of my magneto and ignition. When I removed the magneto flywheel, I observed there is NO breaker points and condensor installed, but as I mentioned it runs well. Apparently it appears to have been converted at some point to a breakerless capacitive discharge ignition, but I am at a loss to understand how this functions. The points cam is installed but no points. How can this work?

I would also know where I can get new decals for gas tank and side covers.

Best regards,

marbroman

I nee
stef71
Adhérent(e) MCF

Re: Mobylette N40T

Message par stef71 »

I sent you à PM
Pierre Turlan
Administrateur

Re: Mobylette N40T

Message par Pierre Turlan »

Could you post a picture of your ignition?
Répondre