Last spares av78

Répondre
51av3
Visiteur assidu

Last spares av78

Message par 51av3 »

Bon jour,

The restoration of my 1956 av78 is in good way. Due to the help of several people of this forum, most of the spares bought for the restoration fit my moped. On the other hand there are some "last" questions to finish the restoration. I need to know the power of the front lamp. I know the rear lamp is 12V 0.5a 6w http://www.bibliotobec.org/gallery/pict ... tegory/167"

But there is no mention for the front lamp. When dissabling the front feu, it had currently monted a 12 v 3w lamp. Is it original? what power should be an original front lamp?

On the other hand, the levier the frein of this model is particularly like a knife, it is quite sharp. A friendof me told me that there was like a poignee for the levier on grey color that macht the grey colour of the original poignees. Any typ about this?

I have also some other questions regarding my "new" moped. What should be the top speed of it? the veglias computer top speed is 60 KMPH... what is the percentage of oil in the petrol?

I have tried to find a users manual in the bibliotobec page but have found nothing.... Is there any users manual for this model?

As always I only can have woeds of appreciation for this forum, and have to say sorry for not write in french.

Merci
tobec35
Visiteur assidu

Re: Last spares av78

Message par tobec35 »

hello
But there is no mention for the front lamp. When dissabling the front feu, it had currently monted a 12 v 3w lamp. Is it original? what power should be an original front lamp?
yes it's good ;)
On the other hand, the levier the frein of this model is particularly like a knife, it is quite sharp. A friendof me told me that there was like a poignee for the levier on grey color that macht the grey colour of the original poignees. Any typ about this?
take a photo please ;)
I have also some other questions regarding my "new" moped. What should be the top speed of it? the veglias computer top speed is 60 KMPH...
~50km/h :wink:
what is the percentage of oil in the petrol?
3 or 4 %
I have tried to find a users manual in the bibliotobec page but have found nothing.... Is there any users manual for this model?
http://www.motobecane-club-de-france.or ... gement.php"
but it's reserved to the club members :|
VOLVO S60 SUMMUM D5 2.4l 163cv 2005 bleu Barrents 8)
RENAULT express break 1.9 D RN 65cv 1995 bleu Saviem
Motobécane 51 super 1985 presque toutes options =P~
bentou
Adhérent(e) MCF

Message par bentou »

the front bulb is 6V 6W, the rear is 12V 6W.
I know this is a bit strange, but the rear bulb is undervolted to insure a proper work of the front light. and if the front light fails, the rear light won't burn asap...
this is safer when you are riding in the night, a car will see you easely.
A+
Benoît.
Visiteur assidu

Message par 51av3 »

Hi again,

Many thanks for your help.

Tobec35, I can´t make a pic of the piece I am refering because it is in the mechanich, not in my home. But I am refering to the piece number 15516/15517: http://www.bibliotobec.org/gallery/pict ... tegory/167"

My Uncle (the owner and previous user of the av78) had an accident with the moped, and she cut his leg with this lever. Thats the reason I want to instal protection...

Bentou, Many thanks for your help. Now I have the info I need.

Other question have Irised to my mind: due to several factors, I decided not to paint my av78, it still has its original paint. I live in Santander, a small town of the north of Spain, and we have the sea very close. My moped has several scrathes She is 56 years old) and those scratches will create oxid very soon. I would like to know if there is any product to protect and prevent against oxid.

FInally I would also like to know how do you secure your mopeds, Is there any typ you can provide me against theafs???

As always merci for the help.
tobec35
Visiteur assidu

Message par tobec35 »

okok for protection of the level, trying with shrink tubing...

to protect and prevent against oxid => transparent varnish rust :wink:
VOLVO S60 SUMMUM D5 2.4l 163cv 2005 bleu Barrents 8)
RENAULT express break 1.9 D RN 65cv 1995 bleu Saviem
Motobécane 51 super 1985 presque toutes options =P~
Répondre